Below you’ll find work experience highlights.
► Visit Tom on Linkedin to see a more extensive background.
► Download a formatted PDF resume here.
► Learn how Tom thinks via his “Top 5” CliftonStrengths Finder results.
- Lead content marketing and social media strategy for portfolio of eight cabinetry brands spanning both B2B and B2C channels.
- Managed and executed all updates and enhancements for over 20 total WordPress, Big Commerce, and Wix websites.
- Planed, coordinated, and executed digital assets for all brands across all digital communication channels for new product launches.
- Drove incremental sales growth through innovative marketing tactics such as content marketing, email campaigns, and paid online digital advertising.
- Developed an interactive “selfie station” at the 2019 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) to encourage creation of user generated content by expo attendees when sharing photos of themselves physically engaging with new products launched at the show.
- Partnered with an outside agency to manage a website platform shift with significant content migration for seven cabinetry brands.
- Supported brands include: Medallion Cabinetry, Yorktowne Cabinetry, Design-Craft Cabinets, Schuler Cabinetry, Medallion at Menards, American Cabinetry Collection, MasterCraft Cabinets, Serenade Cabinetry, and Cabinetworks Group corporate.
Digital Content Manager
acpi® Wood Products, 2019-2020
(acpi acquired Elkay Wood Products in February 2019.)
- Directed digital marketing and online communications strategies.
- Managed all digital platforms, including content marketing, and email communications for a portfolio of ten cabinetry brands spanning B2B and B2C channels. Planned content for, and monitored over 30 social media channels and feedback portals, responding to consumer questions, ratings, and reviews.
- Managed and implemented all updates for ten total WordPress and Wix websites, including UX/UI enhancements, and search engine optimization.
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team, established new e-commerce channel driving incremental revenue growth, reducing consumer call & email volume, improving Customer Service response times for B2B account assistance requests.
- Created new custom product request intake system, minimizing follow-up communications by ensuring capture of all necessary information, leading to increased capacity for custom quotes team.
- Visited speciality photo studio to capture additional still images and video of new product sets.
- Leveraged relationship with BUILDER magazine to gather content and promote products during the 2020 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show; created micro-site to house content; captured additional photos and videos used on websites, branded and corporate social media channels.
- Built new acpi corporate website on WordPress platform entirely in-house.
Digital Content Manager
Elkay Wood Products, 2018-2019
- Planned, coordinated, and executed new product launch content updates across seven cabinetry brands’ digital communication channels, including email, social, and web.
- Improved social media engagement rates by implementing a new system for identifying, capturing, and leveraging content generated by B2B partners.
- Increased blog website traffic through refined social strategy promotion; integrated blog promotions into multiple email communications leading to audience growth; improved subscriber readership using upgraded new post notifications.
- Developed an interactive “selfie station” at the 2019 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) to encourage creation of user generated content by expo attendees when sharing photos of themselves physically engaging with new products launched at the show on their personal social media channels.
- Partnered with outside agency to manage a content management platform shift with significant data migration for seven cabinetry brand websites.
Social Media Manager and Senior Copywriter
CliqStudios, 2016 – 2018
(direct-to-consumer cabinetry manufacturer and kitchen design)
- Wrote advertising and collateral copy, updated product descriptions and website verbiage.
- Developed content strategy and social publishing calendar.
- Authored original blog content, and associated content for a wide social media footprint including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, and Houzz.
- Performed daily community management, answering general home improvement questions, responding to specific product inquiries, and resolving customer service issues and complaints.
- Tracked and reported organic performance using native platform insights, third-party social media management tools, and Google Analytics. Identified key traits of high engagement posts to produce similar-style content; converted best performing organic posts to paid advertising campaigns.
- Established social listening programs to find and leverage user generated content.
- Nurtured, developed, and deployed influencer marketing campaigns.
- Managed reviews and reputation across multiple consumer reporting websites, responding to positive and negative customer ratings; successfully removed Yelp listings.
- Collaborated across the organization with several cross-functional teams providing copywriting, graphic design, digital marketing, and PPC advertising support for human resources, financing, and dealer channel.
Majewski Marketing & Media LLC, 2011 – present*
- Consulted on, launched, and managed content strategy, social media, and paid digital advertising campaigns on Google Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Meetup.
- Organized networking and education events on behalf of clients, driving foot traffic to their locations, and building brand awareness by positioning clients as main event sponsors.
- Wrote, directed, filmed, and edited short form video content.
- Agency clients include Brave New Workshop, Schuler Shoes, Executive Suites of Minnesota, Lake Superior Brewing, Oceana Resorts, The College of St. Scholastica, AFINIA 3D Printing, Ripley’s Believe-It-Or-Not, Gatlinburg CVB
*Consulting part-time with select clients since 2016.
Marketer & Graphic Designer,
Thomson Reuters – West Academic Publishing, 2009 – 2011
(law school text books and study aids)
- Designed collateral, digital visuals and mobile application user experience graphics while adhering to strict Thomson Reuters branding guidelines.
- Designed, coded, and distributed email campaigns, updated micro-site HTML code, developed social media and pay-per-click advertising strategies.
- Developed corporate-wide standards for use of social media, published employee manual, and presented short seminars on proper use of the medium.
- Executed all marketing projects for AttorneyJobs.com (independent entity within TR), writing and designing all communications for social media, print ads, collateral, online & print.
Director of Marketing, Great Lakes Aquarium (2005 – 2008)
(non-profit education organization and travel/tourism destination)
- Maximized exposure within a tight budget when planning all media, including sourcing, purchasing and placing all print, broadcast and out-of-home advertising and collateral materials.
- Reduced marketing costs through elimination of under-performing vehicles, maximizing use of in-kind media and developing all creative in-house.
- Facilitated all communication with media by writing and distributing news releases, giving interviews, conducting VIP tours and planning receptions/special events.
- Fostered strategic relationships with key community organizations and formed partnerships with other nonprofit entities to advance the GLA’s educational mission.